Saturday, August 29, 2009

Porter's First Hair Cut

I finally did it; I took Porter in to get his hair cut. I don't know if you moms out there are like me, but to get your baby's hair the first time is hard. I thought I was going to cry 'cause I loved Porter's long curls. We went to the same Barber that Tim used to go to back in California when he was a kid.
I sat on the chair and held Porter on my lap and let Henry do his magic. At first I was nervous, sad and unsure I really wanted to do this. I was more of a wreck then Porter. He was staying so calm and didn't care too much for what was going on. That helped calm me down.
When Henry pulled out the scissors I thought Porter would go crazy, but instead he liked it. He likes having his hair played with. Porter didn't move that much and was even good when the clippers came out. He just tried to pull things off the chair and wanted to see what was going on. Porter has always wanted to know how things worked. It was fun to watch him try to figure out the scissors and clippers and what they where doing with his hair.
After Henry did his magic on Porter checked himself out for awhile in the mirror. Henry did a really nice job. Porter now looks like a little boy. He still sometimes misses playing with his hair, but he knows that he looks good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a handsome 'lil guy. I need to get the video of him dancing from when we were out there. That was so much fun. Miss you guys!

Kascia and Travis Lybbert said...

Way to go Porter! That's scary leaving your hair into the hands of someone else. I can understand you're fears too, Cheri!! He looks very handsome. What a cutie-pie! Hope all is well Cheri! I haven't checked your blog for awhile and it looks like you've been busy having some good times hiking in the mountains and playing with fam!! Glad you're able to do that! I miss the mountains and the fresh mountain air!! Think of me next time you breath some in!! Love ya!! Say hey to Timmy Boy!!