Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Weekend to Remember

I don't know how many of you that read this blog knew that it was Tim's birthday on May 7th. I thought to myself that I would try and make his birthday one to remember and I think I did pretty good. I first made him breakfast, which he enjoyed because he didn't have to think of what to eat it was already there for him. One thing that Tim got to do on his birthday was go to the driving range. He loves his golf! Then for dinner we went out to a nice place, you know Wendy's. Really, that's where he wanted to go. Then we went to one more place because I knew what gift he wanted, but I wasn't going to pick it out for him. We went to Cabela's. There I got him a 7 inch Ka-Bar. Can you believe that I actually let him have a knife?

Then on Friday Tim's parents came into town. They were spending the weekend with us. When they got here we headed downtown for some fun. We first went to one of our new favorite restaurants Biaggi's. If you like pasta and sea food you should try it out. Well then after that we went to Dick's sporting store. Were Tim's parents got him a new sand wedge. I told you Tim is into his golf. He is trying really hard to get better. When we finally got home Tim and his dad hit the range. Hopefully one day I will be able to hit the range with them. After that got done with Tim and his Parent's went shopping. They got me an early Mother's day and Birthday present, a new gliding chair with ottoman. They got Tim an new office chair. I will tell you these chairs were a big must in this house.

On Saturday it was a busy day, but hopefully a fun one for Tim. I surprised him with a round of golf at Thanksgiving Point. I thought that him and his dad would enjoy that. I also got two of my brothers Matthew and Adam to go also. I think that they had fun and it wasn't too hot for them. However, while they were out Linda and I went shopping for Tim's surprise party. Do you know how hard it is to throw Tim a surprise? Hard!!!! Still we pulled it off. My family and a few of Tim's friends showed up and by golly we surprised him. I am glad we pulled it off it was fun.

Then on Mother's Day Tim made me and his Mother breakfast. Giving that we didn't have a lot of time in the morning giving, we have a 9 o'clock church, Tim pulled it off! He is an amazing cook and I am lucky. Since we don't have money I thought that we would make our Mothers slide show videos. With Tim's Mom his sister Jenni wanted to make the video. She did a great job. She even manged to hide it from her Mom so that she could have it on Mother's Day. Go Jenni! We gave her video to her after church and spent some time with her before heading of to my parents for dinner. After dinner we then gave my Mom her video. I thought I did a pretty good job on it. My family seemed to enjoy it.

However, the greatest gift that I got on Mother's Day was that Tim gave me Mommy Coupons that I can use to have him do things like change diapers all day or give me foot rub. Tim really does love me if he is willing to change diapers for a full day. Tim I love you!

All and all it was a weekend to remember. It is amazing that you can fit so much in just a little tiny weekend. Thanks to everyone that made this weekend so wonderful and one to remember. You guys are the best. Here are some pictures of the crazy weekend that we had.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Mommy Coupons sound amazing. Tim will have to give Justin some pointers on that when the time comes. haha Yay for Tim's birthday. I'm sorry we couldn't make it out there for the surprise, but it looks like you had great fun. And we'll have to party like rock stars in a couple weeks....I'm thinking Saturday the 6th...after the Open House...7pm at our rental house. You know the spot. Be there! :)

The Mattson's said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend. Love the pictures.

Brandon Bridge said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Put those coupons to some good use!