Friday, April 10, 2009

He must be in pain.

What a crazy day it has been. This morning Porter woke up with his "I am not so happy" cry. It wasn't one of those "I am mad" cries or "I just got hurt cries. It was different than what I have heard before.

At first I felt his head and it was a little warm so I gave him some Tylenol -- just thinking that he was teething and that was why he has this weird cry. We just kept going along with our normal day. We went on a walk and he was happy. We came home and he just sacked out in Daddy's arms. When he woke up from that nap he was feeling a little hotter then normal, so I gave him some more Tylenol. I tried to give him a bottle and he didn't really want to eat it. He was still feeling hot to me. I thought that maybe after 20 minutes the Tylenol would kick in. Still we took his temperature not thinking much of it. Well once it hit 102 and kept counting I was like we need to go to the Doctors.

So we went in and found out he has an ear infection. Porter's first. I just hope we caught it in time and all goes well for him. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics that looks and tastes like a creamsicle. We will just have to wait and see for a few more days.



1 comment:

The Newhard Family said...

Tim had so many ear infections when he was a little guy, we gave him Dimetap on a regular basis to decongest his ear. All of his ear infections were very low grade, so he never really had a fever or pain.

Mom