Tuesday, April 7, 2009

California Trip

We went out to California to celebrate my Grandpa Selle's 80th Birthday. My folks rented a condo right on Channel Island Harbor, which became a secret gathering point for most of Grandpa's relatives. They came from Seattle, Arizona, Utah, and of course California.

It was all a huge surprise party. My folks, along with Uncle George and Aunt Laura, picked Grandpa up in a Duffy (a small electric boat) and ferried him to the condo via the harbor. When they came around the last turn to the dock there we were, ready to greet him. I think it was a fitting tribute to a guy that has done so much with his life an touched the lives of so many other people.

We all had a great time getting to know each other, eating food, and taking rides around the harbor in the Duffy. My mom put together a brief video that highlighted many of the pivotal moments and people in Grandpa's life. I liked it, and I think everyone else did. And though he probably would not admit it, I actually saw Grandpa shed a small tear or two.

Please enjoy the pictures and videos.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Your mom is such a fun lady! Love the pic of her in those shades. lol I can't believe how big Porter is getting. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Drive safe!